Uyi attended the University of Benin, Nigeria, where he obtained a Bachelor of Laws Degree, LL.B (Hons). He thereafter proceeded to the Nigerian Law School, Abuja and was called to the Nigerian Bar as a Solicitor and Advocate of the Supreme Court of Nigeria in 2004. Uyi is proactive, dedicated, diligent and result oriented.
Notable Works Undertaken
Uyi has considerable experience in Litigation, Arbitration, Capital Markets, Commercial and Corporate Practice, Immigration, Insolvency and Bankruptcy. He has acted and participated in high profile litigations from various sectors of the Nigerian economy. He has been involved in dispute resolution (Litigation and ADR). He has also conducted trial and appeals in all superior courts of record in Nigeria – trial and appellate courts and tribunals; in the course of which he has, in recent times, been involved in:
- Prosecution of a claim on behalf of a high net worth client against the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and others, leading to judgment being entered in favour of our client by the Federal High Court in Abuja.
Prosecution of several pre-election matters on behalf of our client against PDP, DPP, Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and others, before the Federal High Court, Abuja and Port Harcourt, respectively.
- Participated in the resolution of the industrial dispute involving the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC), Nigerian Union of Postal and Telecom Employees (NUPTE) and contractors to Airtel Networks Limited.
- Defence of extradition proceedings instituted against our client by the Attorney General of the Federation on behalf of the American Government in an alleged case of mail fraud.
- Representing clients (Banks and Capital Markets Operators) at the Investments and Securities Tribunal (IST).
- Advising clients on business establishment and regulatory compliance issues – processing of various permits and approvals - NOTAP, CERPAC, Business Permit and Expatriate Quota etc.