>> Our lawyers
Dr. Joseph Agburuwhuo Nwobike, SAN
Dr. JOSEPH AGBURUWHUO NWOBIKE, SAN, attended University of Lagos where he graduated with Second Class (Upper Division) in 1991. In 1992, he sat and passed, with Second Class (Upper Division), the Final Bar Exams. He was called to the Nigerian Bar in December, 1992. He obtained the Master of Laws (LL.M) degree from the University of Lagos in 1995. He attended Obafemi Awolowo University, and American University of London, between 1999 to 2005 where he obtained Ph.D in law specializing in Mergers & Acquisition in Nigeria. Dr. Nwobike is Fellow of the African Business School, Abuja; Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Local Government and Public Administration of Nigeria; Fellow, Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN) and Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK); Associate Member, Business Recovery and Insolvency Practitioners of Nigeria (BRIPAN) and Assessor, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (lCAN). Dr. Nwobike is a Member, International Bar Association (IBA), Member, Nigeria Bar Association (NBA), Member, International Tax Planning Association and INSOL. Dr. Nwobike also has a Post–Graduate Diploma in International Arbitration (UK). Dr. Joseph has also undergone a programme in Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution with the United Nations Institute For Training and Research. Dr. Nwobike is a member of The Institute of Energy Law, a Division of the Centre For American and International Law, USA. Dr. Joseph Nwobike has attended several conferences and seminars organised by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria, Center for International Legal Studies, Austria and The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, United Kingdom. Dr. Nwobike has appeared before CAS and has conducted a wide range of sports related arbitrations and litigations in and outside Nigeria. Dr. Nwobike has appeared in several employment related cases at the High Courts and the National Industrial Court for several clients including Nestle Nigeria Plc, Fidelity Bank Plc, Johnson Wax Nigeria Limited, United Bank of Nigeria Plc, etc. Dr. Nwobike is presently consulting for several US based law firms on litigations arising from the abuse of human rights in Nigeria during the military regimes in Nigeria. He was part of the teams that conducted Wiwa vs. Shell and Re: Semira Adamu vs. Government of Belgium. Dr. Joseph Nwobike was sworn in as a Notary Public For Nigeria in 1999 and sworn – in as a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) in the 2009 set.
- Receivership & Liquidation: Legal Framework and procedure (2002) banks Legal Advisers Conference
- Legal Issues in the creation, transfer and transmission of Company Securities (2000). (Seminar in part fulfillment of Ph.D requirement, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile - Ife).
- Legal Regime for the protection of Consumers of Financial Services in Nigeria(2000) (Seminar in part fulfillment of Ph.D requirement, Obafemi Awolowo University Ile - Ife).
- The 1999 Constitution and the Statutory Framework for the Development of Local Governments (2000) National Workshop on Local Government Administration (Jos) organized by Manpower Board of Nigeria
- Law and Practise Mergers & Acquisition in Nigeria
- Associate Adedeji & Owotomo (1992 - 1994)
- Legal Adviser, CIPAN (1999 - 2003)
- Legal Adviser, Johnson Wax Nigeria Limited (1995 - 2003)
- Coordinating Consultant, Education Tax Fund (ETF) 1998 - 1999
- Consultant, National Assembly (1999 - 2000)
- Honorable Secretary General, University of Lagos Students Union (1990 - 1991)
- Corporate Restructuring & Governance
- Public Law
- Regulation & Licensing
- Oil & Gas
- Employment law